Living an enriched life is something that many of us strive for. It means living a life full of purpose, fulfillment, and happiness. But how do we achieve this state of being?
Here are ten rules for living an enriched life:
1. Be Grateful: Take time to appreciate what you have in life. Gratitude helps shift your focus from what you don't have to what you do have, and it opens up your heart and mind to the possibilities around you and all the associated riches that life has to offer.
2. Practice Self-Care: Take care of your physical, emotional, and mental health. Eat well, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep. Make time for people and activities that bring you joy and fulfillment.
3. Build Strong Relationships: Nurture the relationships that matter to you. Spend time with friends and family, listen to their concerns, and show them that you care. Building strong relationships is essential to a happy and enriched life.
4. Learn Something New: Learning something new keeps your mind active and engaged. It also helps to expand your knowledge and skill set, which can lead to new opportunities and experiences.
5. Pursue Your Passions: Pursue your passions and interests. Doing what you love brings a sense of purpose and fulfillment to your life. It also helps you to develop new skills and learn more about yourself.
6. Give Back: Volunteering or doing something kind for others can help you to feel connected to your community and can give you a sense of purpose and meaning.
7. Practice Mindfulness: Mindfulness is about being present in the moment and fully engaging with your surroundings. It helps to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, and it allows you to appreciate the simple things in life.
8. Embrace Change: Change is a natural part of life and even though it can be daunting at times, it can bring new opportunities and experiences. Embrace change and be open to new experiences and possibilities.
9. Practice Forgiveness: Forgiveness is about letting go of anger, resentment, and bitterness. It allows you to move forward and to experience greater peace and happiness in your life. Very powerful stuff.
10. Be True to Yourself: Living an enriched life means being true to yourself and your values. Although it's ok to try on a different hat at time, don't try to be someone you're not, and don't compromise your values for the sake of others. Embrace your unique qualities and be proud of who you are.
Living an enriched life is about finding purpose, fulfillment, and happiness in your everyday life. These ten rules can help you get closer to the life you ultimately want.
As promised, here is the list of items I came up with for myself and my journey to living an enriched life.
1. Focus on things that you CAN control
2. Remove all toxic relationships
3. Share your gifts with the world
4. Believe that you can achieve
5. Don’t be afraid to try
6. Stay curious
7. Follow your intuition
8. Accept yourself the way you are
9. Appreciate the little things
10. Love, Love Love
11. Don’t compare yourself to others
12. Find the opportunity in every situation
13. Stop worrying
14. Decide and take action
15. Slow down and breathe
I carry this list with me and read it on occasion in order to stay on track. Create your own list and read it regularly and see the world change around you.